Top 25 Management Colleges in India
As new startups are arriving every now and then, there is an increasing demand of managing the employees and resources of the company. For that, there is great demand of the students in corporate sector with the good management skills. To develop good management skills, students have to opt for MBA (Master in Business Administration) after doing graduation in any stream. Here in this article you come to know about the top 25 management colleges in India.
MBA is a two year master’s degree program meant for graduate students who are looking for the job of a manager in the corporate sector. The course is available in regular, part time and distance course. However, students mainly opt for regular course and it is better than the other two courses.
In this article, we would discuss about the qualities best management colleges should have, what are the eligibility criteria a student must fulfill to get admission in those colleges, what qualities and skills a student must have to be a manager.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA A STUDENT MUST FULFILL TO GET ADMISSION IN TOP MBA COURSES
A student must fulfill following criteria to get admission in an MBA course:
- Must have completed graduation in any stream with minimum of 50% marks. Qualifying marks of graduation changes from college to college. So colleges demand for 60% in graduation while some demand for a minimum of 75%.
- Must have cleared one of the following management entrance exams :
- CAT – Common Admission Test
- CMAT – Common Management Admission Test
- GMAT – Graduate Management Aptitude Test
- JMET – Joint Management Entrance Test
- If a student has not cleared any of the above management entrance exams or has not appeared for any of the above exams he/she can appear for the entrance exams conducted by universities directly to give admission in their colleges. Some of the universities conducting separate management entrance exams are :
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) – For admission in Symbiosis University of Applied Sciences (SUAS)
- XAT (Xavier’s Aptitude Test) – For admission in Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB)
There are many other universities too which conducts there own exams.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES A GOOD MANAGEMENT STUDENT MUST POSSESS
Before discussing about the qualities of a good management college, let us discuss about few skills and qualities a student must possess to be a good manager.
Apart from studies and academics, a student must possess following skills and qualities to be a good manager –
- A Positive Attitude: As we know very well that “Skill is Nil without Will”, a management student must possess a positive attitude and passion towards his/her work. A positive attitude keeps the morale of a manager’s employee high. A management student must have quality of motivating people.
- Prioritization: A management student should be able to prioritize his/her work. He/she should be able to identify the three tasks out of the list of ten tasks to give first priority and should focus on those three tasks only.
- Leadership Quality: Since a manager has to manage all of his/her employees, a good management student should possess good leadership qualities and should work on that in their college days.
- Effective Decision Making: A good management student should be able to take effective decisions in right time. He/she should develop the quality of taking action after thinking and taking suggestions from some experienced employees. A manager should neither take action without thinking nor should he/she think without taking an action. A management student should maintain a balance between the two.
- Patience: A good management student should learn to keep patience with their team members as well as with themselves.
- Communication Skills: Since a manager has to deal with his/her employees and clients, a management student must have good communication skills and should work on it right from his/her college time.
QUALITIES TOP MANAGEMENT OR MBA COLLEGEs SHOULD POSSESS
A student must consider following qualities for selecting a best management college after graduation. First he/she should compare various Indian management colleges by visiting their websites and gets information regarding the following points:
- Recognition by UGC: The first and foremost thing which a student must consider while selecting appropriate college is whether it is recognized by UGC (University Grant Commission) or not. Usually universities mentioned under private, deemed, state and central categories are all affiliated by UGC.
- Campus: The campus of the college is the place where a student spends most of the time. So, the campus of the college should be filled with positivity. Posters and flex displaying inspiring quotes can be put at appropriate places of the campus which inspires a student and fill a student with new energy to move towards their goal.
- Infrastructure: Classrooms should be properly ventilated. Language labs and computer labs should be well equipped which provides an appropriate learning environment for the students.
- Practical Approach: Since a student has to work in corporate environment and business sector, college should provide appropriate corporate and company visits so that they can observe and learn the work culture of a company and how projects are managed and executed in a company.
- Faculties and Professors of the College: Faculties and professors of the college also play a major role in shaping the career of a student. Hence the faculties and professors of the college should be highly qualified and experienced. They should have a good experience in teaching field and practical field as well.
- Placements and Internships: As told earlier practical knowledge is more important than theoretical concepts, proper internships should be provided to the students so that they can get the proper work experience for their future. Proper placements to the students should be provided which is the ultimate dream of every management student.
- Mess and Hostels: Although Mess and Hostels are not a major deciding factor for the selection of a college but since a student has to spend about 2 years with a college, he/she should consider that also. As sound mind rests in sound body, the quality of food provided in the college mess should be up to the mark (it is important if the student is residing in the college hostel away from his home) and the rooms of the hostel should also be well maintained and furnished. The hostel should have a calm and healthy environment which encourages a student to perform well in their academics.
In addition, events and fests should be organized through which the students can refresh themselves from the monotonousness of studies and can develop their leadership skills and communication skills as well. Thus a management college should consider all the above points in addition to their own efforts to provide best service to the students.
Top 25 MBA Colleges in India
1 Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
2 Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A)
3 Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata (IIM-C)
4 Indian Institute Of Management, Bangalore (IIM-B)
5 Xavier Institute of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
6 Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM-L)
7 Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi
8 Indian Institute of Management ,Indore (IIM-L)
9 Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM-K)
10 S. P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
11 Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
12 Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
13 Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi
14 Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
15 National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
16 Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJSSoM), IITB
17 Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
18 Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
19 Symbiosis Centre for Management and HRD (SCMHRD)
20 Indian Institute of Management, Shillong (IIM-S)
21 Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Kolkata
22 Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi (IIM-R)
23 Indian Institute of Management, Trichy (IIM-T)
#24 Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak (IIM-Ro)
#25 Indian Institute of Management, Raipur (IIM-Rai)
College Ranking Source : Trak